Friday, May 8, 2009

Joy.

Joy is turning into an amazing girl.
Tonight we got our second, I am sorry to tell you that you did not make it" note. The ache and hurt that came from her cries broke my mommy heart. She wailed. She just knew it would say "congratulations! " and it said, " I am sorry." God knew just what the letter was going to say. I had prayed He would decide for Joy to be a cheerleader or not. It doesn't matter that the judges happen to be local people who had neices and cousins trying out. God was still in control. I know this. "The plans of a man he devises in his heart, but the Lord directs His steps". ( I think that is how it goes... I need to check on that! lol) As we drove home, Joy cried harder than I think I have ever seen her cry. It was one of those angry, exhausting, cleansing cries. But, I am so proud of her. Around six o'clock she began to call her friends and tell them that she was happy for them. And she would look at me and say, " I really am." I think that she really was happy for them. She is sad for herself, but she has found a way in her sweet heart, to be happy for her friends. There are a lot of adults who cannot do this. I am thankful for my girl. I am praying for the woman God is turning her into. I think she taught me a lot of lessons today.

No comments:

Followers